Microsoft Imagine, formerly known as Dream Spark and MSDN-AA, is a Microsoft program to provide students with software design and development tools at no charge. The program is available for university/college and K-12 students in more than 120 countries. To register, students must visit the Microsoft Imagine website and verify their identity through their verified .EDU institution. If an institution is not listed on the available list, the user may manually verify their student status by uploading a proof such as an ID card.
How can register for Microsoft imagine
STEP BY STEP :
1. You need an Microsoft Account.
2. After creating Microsoft Account visit Microsoft Imagine Account Web.
3. Now you will see (create Microsoft imagine account link on web page)
and click on it.
4. Now login with your Microsoft account on it.
5. Now you will see your Microsoft imagine profile. Here you need filling
Some required details like ( imagine country, State, School name,
Graduation Date etc. )
6. After checking all details you need to accept all entries.
7. Now your imagine profile is created properly.
8. After all getting Microsoft imagine services you need to verify your
Student Status. After you get an email after 2 or 3 business days.
Now your services are Activated.
9. Services like Microsoft Azure cloud services, free plural sight training
and lots more.
Products offered by Imagine:
Several development software titles are available for download through the program. They include:
Commercial products available for free through Imagine
- Microsoft Azure for Students
- Visual Studio Community 2017
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 Datacentre and Standard Editions 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacentre and Standard Editions 64-bi
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro
Only through Imagine Premium:
- MS-DOS 6.22
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 10 Education
- Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 All Editions
- Individual programs from Office 2007: OneNote, Access, Groove, Visio, Project
- Individual programs from Office 2010: OneNote, Access, SharePoint Workspace, Visio, Project
- Individual programs from Office 2013: OneNote (now free of charge), Access, Lync, Visio, Project
- Individual programs from Office 2016: OneNote (now free of charge), Access, Skype for Business, Visio, Project
- Various servers for Office such as Exchange server
The basic three Microsoft Office applications of Word, Excel and PowerPoint are not available through Imagine: Office Home & Student 2013 or Office 365 University offers those at a discounted price for students. Unlike the programs listed above, there is no way to access similar older and compatible versions (2010, 2007) of Office for Word, Excel or PowerPoint under Imagine.
Free products also downloadable from Imagine
- 12-Month Academic Trial Membership to XNA Creators Club
- $99 waiver on Windows Marketplace for Mobile and first 100 submissions free
- Free 90-day subscription to Pluralsight training courses
- Waiver on costs for app submission to the Windows Store